Wednesday, May 14, 2008

April News 2008







I know it’s way past April, finally here we are!

Oh Canada!-is finally over! Ryan finished his 6 month rotation in the end of April. We all drove up to spend the last weekend together. The children loved swimming the in pool, bowling, going to Toys R US in Canada, and eating Canadian food. We also ventured to Niagara Falls, and to this really cool bird museum. Ryan drove home every weekend (except for two) these past 6 months. It is a three hour drive each way. He is awesome. Luckily he was able to put the miles on these cars: 4 months with a Ford Fusion, two with a Ford Edge and coming home a fully loaded Navigator. The boys really had fun investigating all cars.

Walking-Sophia stared standing and taking small steps on April 20th. April 30th she just walked around the house all day! She’s a walker now, and loves every bit of opening cupboards and emptying everything out. She loves all her babies and smooches them often. Even the real babies at church she climbs on top of and tries to pick them up. When she realizes that she can’t she just lies on top of them and hugs them. She loves to roll in mom and dads bed. And is thrilled when dad comes home and hugs her.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles- Jacob’s favorite movie now. He “craves pizza nightly”. He also loves playing baseball, soccer, jumping on the trampoline and all the Lego bionicales. He wants everything Lego or as he says it “Way-go”

Speed Racer-I have no idea what this is yet, but Preston decided on this theme at the Party store for his birthday. In between taking apart and re-building his Lego sets, he’s playing soccer, dressing up in star wars costumes, riding his bike without training wheels, and trying to get all his homework done right after school. I can’t believe he’s already reading, writing, adding, and doing science experiments. His latest find was a bird nest with two eggs. Every day he goes by to check and see if they’ve hatched. But he warns us all “don’t touch them because the mother bird won’t come back if you do”. And if the mother is in her nest he says “I just look at her beak, because if I look her in the eyes she might fly away.”

I am thoroughly enjoying motherhood. And especially love having my husband home. Life is good!

4 comments:

Bennett Family said...

GREAT PHOTOS!

Kat Clark said...

Yay for the Corless fam being re-united! So good to hear from you. I love the pics and can't wait for more! We miss you guys. :)

B&U+2 said...

Hey! So I discovered your blog while reading Dave & Jana's blog. I love finding and reading new blogs, you can see what everyone's up to even when you haven't talked to them in a while. Our blog is http://foxfamilymi.blogspot.com check it out when you've got a while. I will warn you though that I've become a little obsessed and addicted to blogging. ttyl.

~Umeka

David and Jana said...

Yeah for you guys!! We're so excited to see you. The boys love seeing Preston and Jake on the computer. Davey says, "See pictures of cousins?" I love it.
See you soon!