Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Tennessee Christmas














We enjoyed a week in Tennessee with my parents and family. We drove down Sunday, after a big snowfall and before another big fall. Monday, and Tuesday we finished christmas shopping/wrapping. Christmas eve we went to the Clarks(Jon and Jen) and enjoyed pizza and appetizers, and put on the towels and headbands for the christmas nativity. Then the children all opened pjs to go home and go to bed for santa to come. On our way home dad invited us to carol to the Babbs home. The true meaning of Christmas was felt as we visited a widow all alone christmas eve and sand "happy birthday to her" as her birthday was to be on Christmas. That evening we wrapped presents and watchd the Christmas Vacation. We thought Christmas morning would come early, but the children all had fevers and colds. We finally pulled them out of their beds around 10am. Of course we gathered in the basement, sang Christmas songs (Preston shouting and coughing to Allen-"5 GOLDEN RINGS!"), read scriptures and had prayer. Then we lined up on the stairs youngest to oldest and waited for the christmas songs to play. The children were so happy with their gifts and Uncle Allen and Tony were happy to help them play with them (nerf guns). It was a relaxing day. And later Charity and James, Charles and Mary, Jon and Jen and kids all came over for christmas dinner.
The weather was great, and even got warmer as we were there. Ryan, Tony and Allen replaced the old boards on the deck. Preston, Weston, Maddy and Mason went rock climbing up the chimney and also hunting for treasures. And I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with Jen and Mom. We were so grateful to be there! Thanks for having us! Ryan Maureen and fam

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love all the pics during the whole season, sorry the kids were sick but it looks like you had a great time anyway! we miss the fun parties with you both--you too can make anything fun!! Hope your not shoveling yourselves out all winter with that snow!! Happy New Year!

Michael said...

Great pics! Sad that they were all sick but fun that you got to spend Christmas at home. BTW about the alarm situation. It may be getting a bit better but I am not getting my hopes up. I still can't believe he thinks he needs the alarm to go off every five minutes for a whole half hour!? Who is this alien creature I married? Gotta love a Clark man!!!

David and Jana said...

Hey!! I'm so glad you had fun!! We got the boys the same PJ's!! They opened them Christmas Eve also! Awesome Christmas party, and about the Settlers of Catan thing....No, it's not over, the expansion pack is even more fun! :) I think that's awesome, it's my favorite game.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Sorry to hear about sick kids, no fun! I am glad to hear that you had a good time! Being with family is the best.