Yes I'm still alive, and may get back to posting more often some day! in the mean time here are some pics of recent happenings.
We just spent winter break (yes we have holiday break, winter break, spring break-I think anything to break up the winter season her in MI!) at the Kalahari- no not Africa- an indoor water park (Preston kept saying- "but mom the Kalahari is a desert, there is no water there!") Apperantly this is the biggest indoor water park in US! It was a blast. We enjoyed going with the Kulka's, Nicol's and other friends/family. Baby Rex was fantastic-Ryan engineered a sleeping bassentt for him. We took turns going on rides and watching the little ones. We had a great time! Thanks Jim/Vanessa for making it easier and fun!
The ones of Sophia are a spur of the moment-"lets go to kiddi kandids and get your birthday picture taken". You don't need an appointment-and they gave free 8/10's for birthdays. So we spent all morning getting pretty-toes and all- get there with new baby fed/changed and enough time to take pictures and make it back home to catch the 12:30pm kindergarten bus with Jacob. And guess what?! "Sorry for the inconvenience but kiddi kandids is closed" do they know how crazy it was to get this all together? do they know that sophia wanted to wear pick sweats instead of the cute shirt I picked out- and I had to talk her into not wearing the bow that didn't match-or the shoes that didn't match, and keep her booger free, curls bouncing and not mangled from her car seat? do they know I have a new born that was all going with the flow? I scrambled and called all the local photography places I could think of. All of them booked/needed an appointment-really I just want ONE shot of her just one!! Seeing the clock reach 12:15 I went home and took pictures myself. Maybe some day we'll try that again. But for now here are her 3 year old pics! ps-Kiddi Kandids is closed for good.




5 comments:
beautiful Sophia!!! You did a great job with the pictures. She looks just like you, I love it!! You're such a good mom, Maureen.
Oh my goodness! What a little doll! She looks so much like her mommy. I think you did a great job taking her picture:)
Sophia is sooo beautiful! She is a little Maureen!
To bad we moved, I would have come over and taken the one shot :(
Looks like you had fun at the water park!
We miss you all!
Crystal & Ben Thomasson
sophia is darling! i wish we could go do something like your waterpark. i don't think spring is ever going to come!
Sophia looks absolutely darling! I'm sorry about the picture nightmare though. That's rough. Looks like you guys had lots of fun on your trip. I would love to see more pictures, especially of little Rex. Does he have blonde hair? Love, Crystal
Post a Comment